People Helping People
Peer Mentor.net is the leading international mentor, coach and leadership training source. The foundational principles for mentoring, coaching and leadership skills are well researched and all of our training programs are custom designed to meet specific needs for each company. We believe in connectivity and the growth of intellectual capital.
Our mission is about:
"The affective empowerment of individuals within effective work teams."
How Mentoring and Mentor Leadership Training Programs Can Help You?
We have learned organizations are often wiser to utilize the staff they have rather than looking for outside ideas and wealth creation. Change from within is often stronger than outsourcing. To redesign a leaner, meaner version of your self, your existing staff, when empowered through mentor, coach and leadership training programs, are better able to create impactful change that can move your company forward. Downsizing and outsourcing are typically the first moves of each new manager in order to demonstrate accrued value in a short space of time (six months to one year.) It is often better to examine the staff you have, support them with effective and affective mentor, coach and leadership training which will in turn give them a voice within the leadership line. Your net profit will be sustainability at a minimum and creative wealth stimulation at a maximum because, more often than not, the best ideas are within your existing staff.
- emotional intelligence assessments EQ-i 2.0 and 360 degree assessments help determine a leader's emotional intelligence;
- leaders with emotional intelligence have been proven to be more successful;
- mentor and coach training programs are clearly articulated and measurable;
- infused mentor principles improve communication and personal behavior in the work place;
- staff turnover is down over a two year period (tremendous cost saving);
- this process helps the best to stay (stronger commitment) and at the same time helps the least effective to choose alternative settings gracefully and respectfully;
- morale is higher than it has ever been (involvement);
- cost savings on training and development is appreciable;
- leadership development will be a profound process where you will have a better sense of who can lead and who can't (promotion and succession planning);
- staff will be involved in both company and personal goal setting (commitment, focus and continuity);
- staff will choose and act on the most effective training for personal growth and to further develop the company's net worth; and
- staff will demonstrate accrued value to the company.
Mentoring by definition is simply one person helping another, "People Helping People." Coaching is a prescribed set of criteria and training that can help a partner develop the skills needed for on-site skill improvement.
Mentor, coach and leadership programs may be formal or informal, with or without training, planned or random, for pay or not.
There are a number of terms (mentoring, coaching, peer support, etc.) that are used for support and development in human resources. The bottom line is that there are many ways to support and empower individuals. A mentor, trusted advisor, coach provides support for individuals and teams. These mentors, advisors, and coaches need both "effective and affective" training. Effective training
is doing the right thing at the right time with the right people. Affective training
incorporates skills from a humane perspective that empower the participants to take responsibilities for their own actions and at the same time move toward company goals. This training is relevant and empowering because it incorporates the latest research in human resource pedagogy.
Mentors, coaches, counsellors and advisors, when trained, empower and inspire individuals and organizations for better bottom line results, for creative and regenerative ideas, and, at the same time, maintain the human aspect of doing business.
Peruse Peer Mentor.net to see a list of available resources and support programs; and then, visit our resource section for a more extensive list of international resources and training programs.
Bio - Wayne J. Townsend, CEO.